Sunday, March 20, 2011

Questions & Activities for Amaterasu

    1.  Imagine your life as a house.  What room in the house - in other words, what aspect of your life - seems messy and disordered?  Has it been this way long?  What have you done to bring order to it?


    Honestly, right now the "whole house" seems a mess.  It's not beyond repair or overbearing, but there seems to be "general clutter" in regards to many aspect of my life as I try to get them straightened out.  It seems that daily maintenance (getting something done in these areas little bit by bit every day) sort of helps, but really I'd love to "power clean" - even though I know that wouldn't help in the long run!


      2.  Examine your actual home.  Which rooms are messy, which ones are clean?  What feelings and activities do you associate with the different rooms?  Does your house indicate areas in your life that are not in balance?


        Right now the "messiest" area is my work area - eg the desk.  It's cleaner than it has been but I've had several days of "I don't feel like maintaining squat!" lately which has caused a general halt on anything productive!  The rest of the apartment is fairly orderly, mostly from me getting the basics straight and maintaining.  The other part of the apartment that gets piled up is another work area - the coffee table - which often gets piled over with projects.

        3.  Make a list of words you associate with "order".  What does this list tell you about yourself and your attitudes?


        Hera
        cleanliness/tidiness
        organization
        schedule/ing
        tradition
        home/office
        necessary
        right


        Order is something that "ought" to be part of one's life for successful ventures.

          4.  Examine your schedule.  Are there areas of stress in terms of your use of time?  Are there 
          ways you can relieve this stress?


          I feel "behind" a lot in terms of my schedule when it comes to projects.  I know part of this stems from lack of good time management and unrealistic expectations.  I do a lot of artwork that just take a lot of hours in which to make progress, so expecting to finish it in less time than it really needs is ridiculous.  I also seem to inundate myself with "stuff" to do even when I really don't have to!  I need to learn to prioritize my time and resources better, to say "no" when something is too much and to understand what I really do have time for.


            5.  Describe your perfect home.  Compare it to your real home.  What is the difference?  Can you make your home more graceful and comfortable by  incorporating some ideas from your perfect home?


            It's clean and orderly.  I have an art room/area where I can store my business things and keep them there so they don't litter the house.  I have a healing room solely dedicated to that for similar reasons.  My bedroom is a peaceful sanctuary.  Decor / color changes from room to room but suits the purpose of the room - the bathroom is full of bright colors to help energize and awaken, the bedroom & living room are in more muted tones, the kitchen in red/black/gray/chrome/white.  In my perfect home I have space for everything and furniture.  There is an office area in the living room space and bookshelves.  We also have closets!


            Where I live now there is virtually no space and it feels "cramped" having everything in in such a small area.  Things seem cluttered when they're really not and stuff seems to pile up even quicker!  It makes cleansing daily a necessary practice.


              6.  Describe your perfect day.  Compare it to a real day in your life.  What is the difference?  How can you make your daily life more resemble your ideal?


              I wake up early and get everything on all of my routines for home & work done.  I accomplish all of my tasks and have plenty of "down time".


              In real life I struggle to stay motivated a lot of the time and can get wrapped up in just doing my routine or just doing my "to do" for the day.


              I'm not sure what to do about the motivation as it's always been an issue.  But proper management of time and setting moderation/limits up would make a difference.


                7.  Make a list of people who have annoyed you recently.  Taking them one at a time, try to see the situation you encountered from their point of view.  Are there things you are doing that make your life less easy with them?


                Heather, Skylar, Lori, Angelo, Ryan, Krystal.


                I need to learn to let go more of "small things".  Accept other people's opinions as just that and nothing more and release personal attachment to how they may make me feel.


                  8.  Select someone who makes you feel agitated, to whom you response with fear or anxiety.  Make a list of their character traits.  Imagine yourself acting out those traits.  What keeps you from being like them?  Are there unexpressed parts of yourself that they allow themselves to embody?


                  Lori:  flaky, inconsiderate, shallow, forgetful, undisciplined.


                  I am forgetful but try to not be so in regards to my dealings with other people.  Otherwise I was raised with a sense of structure and therefore value discipline.  I consider myself to be a "deeper" person and have the ability to see beyond face value with both situations and people, I scrutinize and observe a lot so don't think flaky or shallowness are in my personality at all.  I always try to be considerate of others because I've had people disregard my own feelings so much, I don't want to be like them.


                    9.  Do you have any self-destructive habits, habits that do not bring you closer to the life you desire?  How can you begin to eliminate these habits?


                    My anger can still get the better of me.  Mostly as an initial reaction, but some people repeatedly rub me the wrong way and it's hard to just "let go" when I know they've done it before and will do it again.  Doing Reiki, my chakra meditations, and the ECF often I believe help, just have to DO those things.


                      10.  When you dream, what villains appear?  What qualities do these villains share?  How can you begin to accept that their energy is part of you?


                      My ex.  He's always chasing or stalking me when he's appeared.  I know that I needlessly think about him more than I need to.  I feel I just need time for him no longer to be an issue.  I did do a release ceremony tonight to help, as well as doing Reiki and ECF often.

                      No comments:

                      Post a Comment

                      About Me

                      My photo
                      I like to look up at the moon in the sky.