Friday, February 25, 2011

Goddess Week 1-2: Amaterasu

Amaterasu isn't completely new to me, I knew She was the Japanese goddess of the sun, but I did learn some interesting things about Her during the reading.  For one I was not familiar with the Shinto concept of there not being "good" and "evil", but rather of an action being appropriate for a given time and situation.  This is definitely something I can trine with personally as it fits more into my cosmology of our understanding the actions of deities.  On a grand scale the motivations and allowances may not always seem right or fair, but we do not have all the answers or details concerning the entirety of any situation we may find ourselves within.

The use of the mirror as a meditative tool to see into the soul is also something that is very interesting to me.  While I do not feel equipped to erect an altar to Her (as I rarely use mirrors and do not have one small enough to put on an altar), perhaps honoring Her by making one would be a great way to connect to Her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I like to look up at the moon in the sky.