Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Prayers and Invocations to Demeter & Persephone

I just wanted to comment on the invocation that was at the beginning of the reading. I read through it and immediately my third eye started buzzing. I felt a real connection to the the words were trying to portray. Indeed I have felt my own sadness during my traverse into "motherhood" and it is a journey indeed. On my own end I am a step-mother and therefore generally not relegated to being a "real" mother. But that hurts me in ways that I cannot describe to my other half. Also as a Cancer I find myself mothering those around me, and though I don't do it but for any other purpose but to guide and protect it often comes off much as we think harshly of our own mothers...smothering and controlling, obstinate and without understanding, even though that is not my wish to be seen that way...

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I like to look up at the moon in the sky.