Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Suggestions for Invoking Demeter & Persephone

I am honestly and deeply moved by reading this section and I feel the want and desire to do something of the nature of the mysteries to experience this. The suggestion of initiation of some sort I think is a good idea, and while the exact type of ritual one may go through isn't necessarily altogether important, the fact that you take the steps and make the commitment is.

So I challenge all of you to consider doing something of the sort - and while it's not wholly necessary for you to do so, it, as the book states, will likely be a rewarding experience.

So consider the steps: preparation, assembly, movement toward the goal, darkening/testing, revelation, thanksgiving, and petition.

I myself want to start this on the Minor Eleusinian Mysteries which will begin the 26th of this month and move through the process. So you may notice that even after we have left this particular Goddess pair that more posts will be put up here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I like to look up at the moon in the sky.